Old 01-08-2003, 03:47 AM
Ted Byers

Default My first Orchid

"Mark Handy" wrote in message
news
Thanks for the info. I've got lots of light, too much at times, and heat
isn't an issue, since we face about 330 on the compass, we have sun all
afternoon, and with all the windows it's quite warm right now. We only
have
a small window AC unit, which tries to keep the main room cooler. Thanks

for
the advice, I'll keep reading posts here, and might just make a trip out
today.

This would have been good to know.

In this case, you will probably do very well with cattleyas and dendrobiums
in your south, southeast and/or southwest exposures. If you have north
facing windows, phals ought to do well there.

Cheers,

Ted