Old 01-08-2003, 03:57 AM
Cass

Default Your best and worst rose?

Unique Too wrote:

Cass writes:

How about the one rose you have that makes you want to get your money back.

The embarassment to your rose garden.

Only one? ... Clotilde Soupert.

Funny how different roses perform in different locations. Clotilde is one of
my best roses. I like most everything about this rose. It doesn't even
blackspot. The only negative is it must be deadheaded because the faded
blooms look awful. Another negative that can be a positive, it's small. I
like that I can tuck it in a small space, but wish the blooms were easier to
see and smell. I've always heard it will ball in wet weather, but that hasn't
been much of a problem with mine and it's not due to lack of rain.

Don't get me wrong. I love Clotilde, but Clotilde doesn't love me. I
think I got two blooms this year. I'm going to pot her up and move her
to a good home in the country, away from coast.

I bet you can grow Mme. Driout too? She ties Clotilde with one bloom
this year. Magenta makes it a trio of losers.