Old 01-08-2003, 04:03 AM
john rutz

Default dragonflies.

Anne Lurie wrote:
I had trouble believing that larvae of any sort could live more than a few
weeks, so I did a brief google (I mean, I love you guys and all that, but I
could be playing WordRacer, after all!).

Here's a website that might shed some light (or at least, "Lights! Camera!
Action!") on dragonfly mating habits:
http://www2.kenyon.edu/bfec/dragonfly/lifecycle.htm
(think "Kama Sutra" for dragonflies -- or, "Ginger Rogers did everything
Fred Astaire did -- backwards & wearing high heels? Hah! We're going to
switch from the 'tandem position' to the 'wheel position' while we are
flying!")

brings a whole new meaning to just follow my lead

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at: