Old 01-08-2003, 04:04 AM
Ted

Default Overstocking My Plants

I have that problem as here in the deep south they get a head start in the
spring and are huge by this time of year. I pull some back but one of the
things I do is through one of thos elarge plant spikes for evergreens into
the water when I notice this and they green back up again in no time.

Lisa
http://community.webshots.com/user/ldziedzic2001

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
OK, another thread led to this one. As you may well know, my pond has no
filtration other then a VF. My main pond is also heavily planted. The VF
right now is nearly solid, with roots. I have noticed some plants (most
plants) not being as green as they were, and some are down right yellow. I
am now looking to raise the nutrients to help this.

So I ask...is it possible, contrary to popular belief, to overstock with
plants and filter nutrients out faster then the fish can produce them?

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond