Old 01-08-2003, 05:02 AM
Mark Handy

Default My first Orchid

I will. I'll post some pictures when I do get some, but it'll be in a few
weeks,
I've still got lots to learn.

Mark

"Tom Randy" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:52:21 -0400, Mark Handy wrote:

Thanks for the info. I've got lots of light, too much at times, and heat
isn't an issue, since we face about 330 on the compass, we have sun all
afternoon, and with all the windows it's quite warm right now. We only
have a small window AC unit, which tries to keep the main room cooler.
Thanks for the advice, I'll keep reading posts here, and might just make
a trip out today.

Mark

Oh you WILL buy an orchid or 2 very soon. You sound ready. SOunds like you
have good enough light for many orchid types. The common beginner orchid
is a Phalenopsis. Those and Dendrobiums are the one's you'll more than
likely find locally. Dens like a LOT of light and can go dry between
waterings. Phals like low-medium light and never like to go totally dry.

Oh you're ready! Tell us what you get!