Old 01-08-2003, 06:02 AM
Nedra

Default New Pond up and running

Sinbad, My fish are lots more active at night. I think it's
due to the sun going down.... water cooling off.... and they
are probably night folk? I sure wouldn't worry about them...
Once you turn off the light they will settle down and sleep.,
maybe.;-)

Nedra

"Sinbad" wrote in message
I just built a small pond 4ft x 5 ft x 3 ft deep and I have 2 koi about 7
inchs long and 4 other small pond fish that are 1.5 inches long.

They have been in the pond for 2 weeks now, before the pond they were in a
10gal fish tank for 8 months while I was waiting to build the pond.

during the day the fish stay at the bottom and dont do a whole lot of
swimming, but I just installed light on the pond and now I see the fish

are
very active and eating.

Is this normal for the fish to be more active at night then during the
daytime?

Joel