Old 01-08-2003, 10:12 AM
Moosh:]

Default Paying to find non-GE wild corn?

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:01:40 +0100, Oz
posted:

Moosh:] writes
Good one! Thing that staggers me is how little of a pint of milk or a
pound of beef you producers actually get. You lot seem to supply a
cheap raw material for every other bugger to cop a markup on.
I know you've tried to take action on this, but I suppose there is
always a farmer in the next village who is hungrier and will cave in.
You need something like a builders' union or a miners' union. Big and
powerful that can fund you for a three month strike.

Illegal under uk law.

Well yes, so are many strikes. We just had an illegal bus strike here.
Worked out with a little win for the drivers who were being screwed
into the ground by the British company who bought the govt contract
recently. Illegal makes for good publicity, so long as it isn't
pollitically too dangerous for the authorities to "take the farm" so
to speak.

See cartels.

Cartels, Schmartels