Old 01-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Khaimraj Seepersad

Default [IBC] BT#84 Takagi pot comp wonderings

Good Day to All,

speaking as potter,I would say,let the pot remain
separate to the tree if one is going to show off
the art of the pot.

Isn't this the problem with Westerners,we always
want to leave our mark on the wrong aspect of
something from another culture ?

It's the tree[in this case]which is important and the
pot must serve the tree.Not compete.

I collect the YiXing pottery catalogues,where some of
the finest and most innovative shapes are shown.It
would be a waste of a beautiful pot to put a tree in it.

I see nothing wrong with making and buying pots for
their individual beauty.They do not need trees to stand
on their own.
It's like buying the original YiXing teapots.They need no
explanation or reasoning.

Obviously the greater the grace and beauty of the tree,
the more you can refine the pot.
Perhaps what your eyes are having problems with,is
the unrefined tree in an excellent pot ?

This is materialising itself as novelty,as opposed to true
growth and change ????
Khaimraj
[West Indies/Caribbean,
the drier lands.]