Old 01-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Mark Handy

Default My first Orchid

Thanks for the info Ray. I'm heading out today to look at some, I think they
are a Phaleanopsis Hybrid, might try to sneak a few pictures.

Mark.

"Ray" wrote in message
Point your browser to the URL below, and check out the "Free Information"
link. and from there you'll find lots of useful stuff.

I'm especially impressed about your attitude coming into the orchid world.
I wish I had been that smart!

. . . . . . . . . . .
"Mark Handy" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
I will. I'll post some pictures when I do get some, but it'll be in a

few
weeks,
I've still got lots to learn.

Mark

"Tom Randy" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:52:21 -0400, Mark Handy wrote:

Thanks for the info. I've got lots of light, too much at times, and

heat
isn't an issue, since we face about 330 on the compass, we have sun

all
afternoon, and with all the windows it's quite warm right now. We

only
have a small window AC unit, which tries to keep the main room

cooler.
Thanks for the advice, I'll keep reading posts here, and might just

make
a trip out today.

Mark

Oh you WILL buy an orchid or 2 very soon. You sound ready. SOunds like

you
have good enough light for many orchid types. The common beginner

orchid
is a Phalenopsis. Those and Dendrobiums are the one's you'll more than
likely find locally. Dens like a LOT of light and can go dry between
waterings. Phals like low-medium light and never like to go totally

dry.

Oh you're ready! Tell us what you get!