Old 01-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Compost ingredients?

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 19:14:18 -0600, John DeBoo
wrote:

Pull up the wire circle - pull it off the compost. Or
un-hitch it so it's not a circle anymore.

Move the wire circle to a new spot. Fork the compost into
the new spot.

We use a wire fencing circle for compost too, but we just
leave it, all this forking business is too much work - it
will slowly decompose all by itself. Slowly.

Pat

I knew that embarrassed. Is there a better structure in general
that would do a faster or better job than wire?

I think it would be nice to have a compost heap made out of
pallets (or other wood).

I have usually seen them in the shape of a letter 'E' - so
that there are two compartments and you fork the compost
from one compartment to another.

This requires that you buy or find pallets or wood, however,
and do some basic carpentry.

I'll probably stick with the wire fencing, at least for now.
We have too many other projects with higher priority than
making a better compost container, unfortunately.

Pat