Old 01-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Andrew McMichael

Default Compost ingredients?

Lynn Smythe wrote:

Oooooohhhhh, don't put any more oil, fat or meat trimmings into the compost
pile. It attracts animals (mice, rats, racoons etc...) and doesn't break
down. The rest of your kitchen scraps are okay to place in the compost:
eggshells, coffee grinds, tea bags, vegetable and fruit trimmings. Other
items that can be added to the compost are black/white newspaper (none of
those color advestising pages), grass clippings, pine needles, non-diseased
yard trimmings.

Also paper towels, paper napkins, and dryer lint. My compost gets pretty hot,
so I'm not al that worried about the other stuff.

Andrew