Old 01-08-2003, 04:12 PM
dalecochoy

Default [IBC] BT#84 Takagi pot comp wonderings

Lynn,
I agree with both your statements below. I found the Bonsai InSites pots to
be less "Wild" in colors than some of Takagi's pot winners, but I rarely see
a Takagi winner that I don't think would have a nice look if correct tree
was placed in it, but, some of the InSites pots just NEVER would . I keep
thinking of the two of which one looked like a smashed cardboard box and the
other looked like a ...I hate to say it but....Trash can!-----
But, some matched VERY nice.

Getting back to size consideration. MANY of Takagi's pots would make
wonderful accent plant pots if smaller. I think MOST would agree with this?
But, it's the SIZE of many and the thought of a styled "classical"
important word here) tree in them that turns most off. I'd love to see
some "off the wall" trees virtualy potted in some of the "off the wall"
Takagi pots. or, some more "off the wall" trees virtually planted in some of
the Bonsai InSites pots.
Dale