Old 01-08-2003, 04:22 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Koi Growth Speed?

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
Yup. They have lots of water and are not crowded. Of course, if memory
serves me correctly, you haven't been feeding them yet, either . . .

imagine
what they would look like if you *had*! One of my fish - spawned in the

pond
last July - is at least 14" long, maybe more. I have 2 little "crows" I
added to the pond at the end of March that were a little less than 3" at

the
time; they're both about 6" or more now (when I can SEE them! They look

like
shadows that move where there shouldn't be any G). Koi grow rapidly,

which
is why you need to build big ponds for them. Isn't it a great feeling to

see
something thrive under your care like that???

snip

I agree, very awesome.

Oh, and you are right. I had not fed them up until yesterday. Last night I
decided to experiment with the dog food idea, to see how they like it. I'll
keep the group posted. For now, I know Nilla is not happy with sharing her
food with the pond pigs.

BV.