Old 01-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Wendy

Default My first Orchid

Welcome Mark! I am a bit late but anyway I have been reading the threads &
come up
with some thoughts.
The various types of collecters of these wonderful plants.
1....The perfectionist, smart person that reads before buying.
2....The grower that buys seedlings, raises them & sells.
3.....The species only collector.
4.... The fragrant collector.
5.....The hardcore fanatical feverish ones, with uncontrollable insatiable
tastes!
(See Rob's Rules)? Anybody?
Then there are hobbyists that will buy, beg, borrow but not steal! (well
sometimes I have
aquired entire collections at 2 bucks a plant)
They are always in the collecting mode, more is better etc. etc. (I have
just started to
give back ends away) *g*
There are probably more categories as well.
Sorry I cannot answer your question as I don't grow indoors. (no
light,electricity bill is high enough!)
Have fun here, & enjoy, life is short!
Cheers Wendy

"Mark Handy" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
I'm looking to get our first orchid, but after reading some guidelines for
care, I'm not too sure. I'm worried about air temp and humidity, since I'm
in an apartment. Is there a type that is more tolerant, or am I going to

be
out of luck?

Mark.