Old 01-08-2003, 07:22 PM
John DeBoo

Default Compost ingredients?

Pat Meadows wrote:

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 09:20:41 -0500, Andrew McMichael
wrote:

Pat Meadows wrote:

I think it would be nice to have a compost heap made out of
pallets (or other wood).

I've used pallets for years. I use those metal fence posts that cost about $3
at the hardware store to support them. Pallets can be found most anywhere, so
the entire set-up costs me no more than about $15.

This is really frustrating for me, as - look though we have
- we've NEVER found a free pallet.

I'd certainly like to have some. *Where* do you find them?

Pat

I'll probably go the 'pallet' route as I can get several for free by
asking at Lowes or Home Depot, any of the lumber type stores.
Sometimes they are not the best but they'll work. I've gotten them
in the past for use under my firewood pile.