Old 01-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Rich McCormack

Default Pumpkins

Pat Meadows wrote:

Hmmm....'Putting Food By' says you can freeze it thusly:

----------------
Cut or break it in pieces. Remove seeds. Do not peel.

Cook until soft in boiling water, or steam, a pressure
cooker, or in the oven. Scrape pulp from rind, mash through
a sieve. Cool immediately.

Pack into freezer containers, leaving 1/2 inch of headroom.
Seal and freeze.

That'll do for pureed pumpkin for pumpkin pie, but for my other
uses I need fresh, uncooked pumpkin...

http://home.pacbell.net/macknet/pumknrcp.html

Guess I better keep working at setting more pumpkins on the vine
for fresh use later in the year. Thanks...

Rich

--
Everything that is really great and inspiring is created
by the individual who can labor in freedom.

-- Albert Einstein

Rich McCormack (Poway, CA)

Who is Rich McCormack? Find out at...
http://home.pacbell.net/macknet/