Old 02-08-2003, 12:33 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Default Ouch !!!! Lotus has thorns

I have since found another picture of someone on a lily. I know her from
another ng I'm on. She is sitting on a board.
http://www.csdl.tamu.edu/FLORA/tfplab/lilyp.gif

--
LN in NH (new gardener in zone 5)
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

"*muffin*" wrote in message

"Hank Pagel" wrote in message
Somehow I question the authenticity of that photo. How did he get on
it without filling it with water?? The weight of his feet would have
to flex the leaf somewhat.(Well over 150 lbs.)

they do not fill with water. they have 'slits' on 2 sides so when it rains
it does not fill.

On the other hand the size and shape of the leaf would allow it
to displace his weight, just not in the manner pictured. IMO I
strongly feel this photo is altered.

usually , when they take pics,, the person is standing on a board to

evenly
distribute the weight. but they do hold a LOT of weight.

One leaf would cover my little puddle ;-) Hmmmmm ...... maybe
that would keep the raccoons out.
Too cold in Jersey

my victoria is only about 2 1/2 ft. leaves, right now,, but when they get
bigger, I am not planning on crawling ON them,,, talk about RAZOR sharp
barbs...........yike.