Old 02-08-2003, 12:43 AM

Default Turtle in a pond question

In , on 08/01/03
at 03:13 PM, Carl Beyer said:

I have a small 400 gallon pond, and saw a red eared slider (I think) -
just a standard water turtle - and was wondering how it would fair in my
pond. They had theres with a floating log that it could get up on.

Is it native to your area? If not, call a local turtle rescue group and
ask them if they can give you a native turtle when they get one that needs
a home. A turtle will need something to bask on, if it can't climb out of
the pond onto the bank to do so.

How would this do with my koi and larger goldfish?

It may chase them, but it won't be able to catch healthy fish (my painted
turtle tries occasionally to catch my goldfish, but they swim circles
around her. It's amusing to watch.)

Alan

**** Please use address ) to reply via e-mail. ****

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564