Old 02-08-2003, 01:02 AM
Jan Flora

Default Compost ingredients?

In article , Andrew McMichael
wrote:

TomC wrote:

A local dairy farmer sells compost and manure. Guess where his dead cows
go!

Cow heaven?

Andrew

One of our cows ran the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race.

She got photosensitivity from eating hay with just the right mold in it,
the water
system quit for a couple of days and the combination was just enough to
push her
over the edge. We gave her to Jack Berry, for dog food. So she ran the Iditarod
six weeks later, as dog food. (She was a really neat cow, so we were bummed
about her dying, but jazzed that her carcass went to such good use. Her
daughters
and granddaughters are the best brood cows in our herd these days.)

Jan