Old 02-08-2003, 04:32 AM
andrewpreece

Default Caterpillars (possibly?)

Sounds like Cabbage White caterpillars to me. Pick them off,
terminate them with extreme prejudice, then look at all the leaves
on your beans, espec those with bites taken out of them, espec. the
underside of the leaf. Crunch all caterpillars and the orangey-yellow
eggs ( usually grouped together ). Tedious but there you go. Do it
every day if possible. Probably not the high-tech low-labour answer
you wanted to hear!

Andy

"Samantha Osborne" wrote in message
I've got some 3/4 inch long green beasties with a yellow
stripe down their backs which might be caterpillars eating
all my veggies in the garden. They have even gotten into
the house and started on the parsley!

I've picked off all the ones I can find and have taken as
many blighted tomatoes off their stalks with beasties
inside but what can I do to stop them? I'm quite new
to all this and probably would not have recognised the
eggs if I had seen them. I was handed a bottle of
pesticide at Wyevale but it is only suitable for tomatoes
and the beasties will eat anything.

I still have one uninfested runner bean plant. Any suggestions
about keeping this beastie-free?

Cheers
Sam