Old 02-08-2003, 09:22 AM
Henriette Kress

Default Drying Basil

John DeBoo wrote:

I'm starting to dry my plants by hanging them upside down, outside
in a semi shaded area.

You'll get better results if you dry your herbs indoors, because nighttime
moisture will slow down drying quite a lot.
If you don't have room to spread them out on the floor (or you have
fourleggeds, and I count toddlers as fourlegs too), hang'em on a line
you've put up across a shady airy room.
Usually I put two bundles at either end of a piece of twine; that way,
I can just throw one bundle over the line and pull the two bundles to
different heights (faster drying), and don't have to stand with my arms up
high tying bundles.

Henriette

--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland