Old 02-08-2003, 01:12 PM
*muffin*

Default Pool filter for ponds

we are using a sand filter (& separate bio) for our pond.
I am unsure of what type of sand we have in it...

we backflush every couple days. it sure seems to get out a lot of stuff, as
the water is very dark..(our pressure is about 10,, & backflush at about 18)

there is a place that sells medium to change from sand... but it would cost
over $500.!!

so I am still using the sand....
& besides. ,, I guess the stuff you backflush out,, when you replace
water....(if it doesn't rain) helps with water exchange.. doesn't it??

"Mickey" wrote in message
What is to fast ? Will the sand filter eventually clean up the water then
not clog up so fast?
"Mikey I" wrote in message
om...
I have a fairly new sand filter that was to be used for a pool.
Installed a pond instead. The sand medium is too fine to use as a pond
filter. It cloggs very fast. Can anyone tell me or direct me as to
what medium could be used? Thanks