Old 02-08-2003, 03:12 PM
Pat Meadows

Default What wast products leave plant roots?

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 05:06:18 GMT, Repeating Decimal
wrote:

I am posting this here because my new ISP does not provide access to active
hydroponics newsgroups.

I just visited a hydroponics store to buy a large reservoir for my nutrient
solution, a Texas controller. They told me to replace the nutrient solution
every ten days in order to remove the waste products given off by the
plants. I think that that is more labor intensive than necessary. I was
thinking that I justreplace the nutrient whenever the conductivity drops
below a certain level. I would also replenish used nutrient several times
before disposing of it. I do dispose of it by spreading it on plants growing
in the soil.

My question to the group is: What waste products do plants produce that
leave by means of the roots?

I'm not objecting to your posting here.... but you don't
need to get news from your ISP.

You can use a different news server - I do. It's *free* and
details are available he

http://news.individual.net/

(For old-timers, this is the former cis.dfn.de - German news
server - with a new address.)

You'd just need to register and then tell your news program
where to fetch the news.

Pat