Old 02-08-2003, 04:22 PM
spun 12

Default Dark brown ALGEA on my swords!

Ok everyone I have algea and I'm not ashamed to admit it right now.
Does anyone know if once a plants leaves have a lot of algea covering
Yes I am using compressed co2 and it is turned on/off w/ the lights.

The lights are on for 9
hours at full strength on 12 total starting the cycle with the 40w
strip and ending with it.

I will make the change and observe I was told before not to exceed 10.
I do have co2 injection.

I usually test the ph about two hours before lights out and it always ranges from 7.6 to 7.0 with a kh of 5-6.
The dark brown is not removable with fingers so I wouldn't say that it is soft it is more spotted on the leaves but it forms clumps. Its not on everything .

How long has your tank been set up and planted? In april I started.
My tank was redone on 5/25 with new substrate and I've had problems ever since. I used to have blue/black rock and it wasnt very appealing so with research I changed to about 1- 1 1/2" of flourite and 2" of natural stone(small) I appreciate your reply it

s hard for me to find people with knowledge. I feel like a lone ranger. Thanks again Matt

/