Old 02-08-2003, 06:12 PM
Cass

Default Your best and worst rose?

In article , Jane Lumley
wrote:

My worst this year is perhaps Desprez des fleurs jaunes, but it's not
altogether her fault - she's been mucked about by our horrible
neighbours and then attacked by caterpillars.

Oh, say it ain't so. I'm dying to have Jaune Desprez. I photographed a
rose on a commerical buidling that we think is Jaune Desprez:
http://www.rosefog.us/Resources/TamGlow.html

When I went back to collect cutting this summer, they had cut it down
to 18 inches.

Now I ask you: how can someone cut this down?
http://www.rosefog.us/Resources/WholeTamGlow.jpg

It grows in a 12 inch strip of soil by the gas meter in the tidal flood
zone that is under water at least 10 times a year.