Old 02-08-2003, 08:22 PM
Helen

Default Late butterflys

Late Butterflies - a glut today in the late summer sunshine.
I arrived home from work at about 4.15pm, to find the marjoram flowers
awash with Gatekeepers, the lavender covered in bees and a mating pair
of Common Blues. On the buddleia there were several Painted Ladies,
Small Tortoiseshells, Red Admiral and a butterfly I have not seen for
many years....a Marbled White. I was really, really chuffed. We also
get Jersey Tiger moths (day flyers) which are so eye catching with
their tomatoey red underwings. These balmy end of summer days seeme to
be the very best for moths and butterflies. If the weather continues
like it is, we will be blessed with seeing many more.