Old 02-08-2003, 09:23 PM
Dave Liquorice

Default Garden Shredder

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 17:42:50 +0100, Richard Savage wrote:

Recomendations please regarding the choice and purchase of a garden
shredder.

If you can afford it go for the screw action type rather than high
speed rotating knives. The latter are incredibly noisy, ear defenders
are must and that's *before* you feed it anything...

We have just acquired a wheelie bin for (council) disposal of green
waste. The collection is fortnightly and I wish to get maximum
value for money by cramming as much as possible into the bin.

We have one but the only stuff that goes into it are the nasties that
we don't want in our own compost. Things like Thistles, Ragwort,
Dandelions, Ground Elder etc. Everything else compostable goes into
our (discounted by the council) compost bins for recycling onto the
garden.

Why not do similar?

--
Cheers