Old 02-08-2003, 10:02 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default red clover grows whereever white clover grows

Cereoid-UR12- schreef
I did mean endemic when I said it.

+ + +
In that case you are even more confused than commonly thought. Firstly,
endemic is relative to perspective. It is silly to say "Bellis perennis is
endemic to the earth" unless you really are from outer space. The thing to
say is "Bellis perennis is cosmopolitan". Actually a species can be endemic
to, say, Arkansas but not to North America. Secondly, none of this applies
to Trifolium pratense which is native here too.
+ + +

Heavy metal deposits have nothing at all to do with climatic changes and
cold hardiness.

+ + +
Right, so why are you confusing them? Plant distribution is dynamic. Climate
is dynamic. Heavy metal deposits are static. If a plant species is adapted
to something within a given area it must be to something static. A plant
species can be adapted to a particular climate but then will follow that
climate about as it moves from place to place.
+ + +

I hope to meet you some day too so that I can explain things to you in
person.

+ + +
Upon further reflection I guess there is no hope for you.
PvR