Old 02-08-2003, 10:22 PM
Robbin

Default tree losing branches

My pecan trees do this every summer. I have learned not to trim them if they
are not rubbing on the roof, etc. Trimming just makes them grow taller and
from my experience increases this problem. I call them "self prunning".

"kbeez" wrote in message
m...
We recently had our trees trimmed because we were having a lot of
branches breaking (esp our big Pecan tree). It received the most
trimming and today I wake up and this huge branch (one of the main
ones) is broke off toward the top. Now half the tree is hanging in our
yard. What's happening? It seems like all of the sudden this tree is
having branches break left and right.

Any ideas out there? Is it dying? The house was built in 1953 and this
tree has probably been here a while. It's pretty tall. Please help a
concerned tree owner.