Old 02-08-2003, 11:02 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Lavender Dream?

A quick Froogle (the "buying" part of google, at froogle.google.com) for "Lavender Dream rose" showed this site:
http://www.jhc-consulting.com/phr_info.htm for Peaceful Habitations Rose Gardens in San Antonio, Texas -- BUT according to the website,

"Unfortunately, we recently received notification from the Texas Department of Agriculture that Japanese Beetles have been reported somewhere in the State of Texas. A number of states are not currently infested, or are only partially infested, with Japanese Beetles, and we are not allowed to ship plants to those states until a control program for Japanese Beetles can be established here. Please refer to the following lists of states. If your state is listed, we will not be able to ship plants to you at this time. " List of states follows.

BTW, I confess that I was never a big fan of Texas (having met a few too many rabid Texans -- even before George W.), but I think that the state Ag. Dept. is doing the right thing here!

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"saki" wrote in message ...
Cass wrote in
:

In article , Unique Too
wrote:

I almost fell for your Lavender Dream suggestion, read all about
it, found a supplier, everything....

I don't know how Lavender Dream handles heat. It would be a shame if
it fades or crisps or something.

Could I ask who the supplier is, and whether they're willing to ship now?
Helpmefind lists various suppliers but I've had no luck finding anyone who
actually has it in stock.

----