Old 03-08-2003, 02:22 AM
Janet Baraclough

Default Bindweed and nettles

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

Er, Franz, could you do a little research about how to post on usenet
please? www.google has some useful tips.

If posts are well edited, threads are easier for everyone else to
follow, and also there's no confusion about who said what, so you won't
need to put your name at the end of each comment.

Hello Janet. Thank you for the advice.
I don't propose to follow it, as I
see nothing wrong in my style.

Suit yourself. Pointless requoting of entire posts can be such a
turn-off, many people just won't bother to read or reply.

By the way, I notice that you, too, add your name to your contributions.
The only difference seems to be that I enclose mine in square brackets.

I follow standard practice and put my name once only, after the end of
my post; not after each inserted comment as you were doing.

Janet.