Old 03-08-2003, 12:03 PM
Simon Avery

Default Dog used lawn as toilet - and the smell!

"Kara Jennings" wrote:

Hello Kara

KJ I'm looking to reseed the front lawn in our house ( recently
KJ moved in ) and it's obvious the previous owners dog used
KJ here for his, ahem, ablutions!
KJ When the weather was warm, you could easily smell the
KJ ammonia-esque aroma!
KJ Needless to say the grass is burnt here too.
KJ I'm considering either turfing or reseeding the lot ( only a
KJ small area, about 12 ft x 10 ft ) but what should I do to
KJ treat the soil, and ideally remove the scent?

Time is probably the best healer, and that goes for the burnt grass
too, although you could patch that.

Returfing because of the occasional niff that may well be gone by the
time you've finished turfing anyway is a lot of hard work, I think.
(Returfing properly ain't a 5 minute job)