Old 03-08-2003, 01:22 PM
bnd777

Default glyphosate and vegtables

I certainly would not want any of my veg near Glyphosate
Couch grass is pretty easy to clear with sensible digging its bindweed thats
the devil but even that with care and patience can be removed .......you
should have seen our plot when we bought it
"PA" wrote in message
hello,
I've a lot of couch grass to clear, that's be left unchecked for a couple

of
years.
I started forking over and removing the roots by hand, but its going to

take
a very long time.
been reading a little about glyphosate and I thinking I may use it, but

can
I grow vegetables after?
I was also going for a "organic" approach, would glyphosate contradicted
that?
also would I still have to remove the roots or can they be left in the
ground, or would this make the soil no good for growing.
thanks
Paul