Old 03-08-2003, 02:12 PM
Moosh:]

Default Paying to find non-GE wild corn?

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 07:04:30 +0100, Oz
posted:

Gordon Couger writes
My soils aren't quit as old as those in Australia. They are some of the
oldest in North America. Diamoium phosphate was the main sauce we used.
Mixing it with ammonium nitrate, Urea or on the high pH soils ammonium
sulfate to get the ratio of N & P we wanted. Any trace elements would be
added to that.

I don't think such complexities were warranted in the relatively
extensively grazed australian outback. A whiff of P&S gave a useful
response, dams gave water (well, more weirs down every valley to catch
stormwater) and that was as intensive as could be warranted. Oh, they
did use mineral blocks.

Quite pretty country, apart from the flies. Within the hour we all just
let them crawl over our arms and faces, one can get used to this
surprisingly easily. The alternative of flailing your arms *constantly*
is too stressful.

That's the famous Australian salute