Old 31-01-2003, 08:43 PM
Stella Hackell

Default "Artifical" lighting -- Any successes?

zxcvbob wrote in message ...

Stella Hackell wrote:

"Mahasamatman" wrote in message arthlink.net...

You will have far better results with metal halide bulbs, or at least HO
type flourescents.

Excuse me if this is a dumb question, but does one need a special fixture
to use metal halide bulbs? Or do they screw into a regular light socket?
I'm very impatient to get some seeds started indoors, but I'm also
trying not to break the budget.

A self-ballasted light will screw into a standard incandescent socket --
but I've never seen a self-ballasted MH lamp. I have hight-pressure sodium
lights, metal halide lights, and triphosphor fluorescents.

. . .

Thanks very much for all the helpful information.

Maybe next year I'll get the seeds started. This season, I shall attempt
to possess my soul in patience.

Stella