Old 03-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] ADMIN: Old archives

A question that is asked more out of curiosity than necessity:

Is anyone still saving each month's archives as that month
passes? Our archives go back 2 1/2 - 3 years (currently to Oct.
2000), and are added to in monthly increments of between 2 and 3
mb each. Since our archive storage is set at 100 mb, and I like
to keep 25 mb open for "emergencies" and a safety net, I am
deleting the oldest month about once every 2 months now.

I know that someone had stored "old archives" on their home
machine and has made them accessible via our website. Are you
still adding to them?

Herb: You were having someone collect all the old archives; did
that occur?

I almost never use the archives, so it doesn't really matter to
me, but I know that some folks use them regularly. I suppose, to
them, it would be nice if _someone_ had them all -- somewhere.

The answers are not crucial to anything, but a curious mind
simply wants to know.

For those who don't know about our archives, you can find them
at: http://home.ease.lsoft.com/Archives/bonsai.html

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL -- Bonsai List
manager

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++