Old 03-08-2003, 04:33 PM
Mary Fisher

Default sunday noise

"Gilbert" wrote in message
Does anyone else have to suffer the constant noise of ride-on mowers as
the landed gentry, their offspring and friends, whoop and a-holler their
around their grassy acres? It always strikes me as rather odd that
people spend Sundays working in their garden rather than enjoying it -
preferably with a suitable drink to hand, of course...
:O)
Cheers!
Gilbert

It's not just Sunday.

But today, as often, we have the boom boom boom of an Event happening in a
large park about four miles away. Why does the bass part of 'music' have to
be put out so loud?

We can't say anything because this is from the Leeds Mela - the Asian
festival - and if we complained we could be labelled racist.

Incidentally, we went to the Mela last year and it was loud music of all
kinds, a funfair, tacky and unrelated to Asican culture sales pitches and
fast food outlets. We weren't enticed to go again so we have to suffer the
noise even from this distance.

Interestingly, a son and family are with us this weekend and daughter in law
commented that no-one was allowed to make any noise (mowers etc.) on
Saturday afternoons or Sunday all day in Germany, where they were posted for
a while.

I'm warming to Germany ...

Mary