Old 03-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Gilbert

Default sunday noise

"Mary Fisher" wrote

snipped

It's not just Sunday.

No, it's not, but I am willing to accept such things during the
*working* week, Monday to Saturday, but not on Sunday, a day of rest...
huh, and me an atheist.

Interestingly, a son and family are with us this weekend and daughter

in law
commented that no-one was allowed to make any noise (mowers etc.) on
Saturday afternoons or Sunday all day in Germany, where they were

posted for
a while.

That's probably what prompted my post, having spent some teen years in
Germany (BAOR). And IIRC, householders were also responsible for keeping
any bit of public pathway adjoining their property clear of snow in
winter.

But here in sunny Suffolk this afternoon, when one neighbour finished
mowing, the retired pig farmer in the next field started a concrete
mixer for a new driveway!

I'm warming to Germany ...

lie down with an icepack on your forehead,
the feeling will pass...

:O)
Cheers!
Gilbert