Old 03-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default red clover grow whereever white clover grows

Red clover (Trifolium pratense) has red flowers by definition.

There are many species of clover (Trifolium) found in North America, both
native and introduced.

Red clover and white clover (Trifolium repens) cannot hybridize. They are
not closely related in the genus

The species Trifolium hybridum, despite its name, is not of hybrid origin.

Matthew Montchalin wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
|Wondering if red clover is as cold hardy and grow whereever white clover
|grows.

I can't answer that one, but...

|I saw a picture of an Oregon field of red clover. But is red clover as
|cold hardy and drought resistant as white clover.

I am from Oregon, and I've seen clover that has green leaves and red
leaves, and white flowers and pink flowers. Is red clover the kind
with pink flowers? I think that the ones with red leaves often sport
white flowers. The most common clover I've ever come across, is the
kind with white flowers and green leaves. If it's not too much
trouble, could you give me some kind of URL so I can go take a
look at the thypes of clover you are referring to?

Can white clover cross with red clover?