Old 03-08-2003, 07:03 PM
Mike

Default sunday noise

In article , Jim
Paterson writes

"Gilbert" wrote in message
Does anyone else have to suffer the constant noise of ride-on mowers as
the landed gentry, their offspring and friends, whoop and a-holler their
around their grassy acres? It always strikes me as rather odd that
people spend Sundays working in their garden rather than enjoying it -
preferably with a suitable drink to hand, of course...
:O)
Cheers!
Gilbert

We are inundated with various noise problems from neighbouring gardens also
the local pyromaniac lives a few doors away and his greatest joy (it would
seem) is to have a cloud of noxious fumes drifting in our direction usually
on a beautiful day after a period of wet when his combustible material is
thoroughly saturated.
Now I'm afraid I have developed the, 'If you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
attitude and do what I need to do with as little regard for the neighbours
as I get from them.
I do wish Councils would use the clout that they possess instead of
pussyfooting around with 'Warning letters' which do absolutely nothing.
I better stop before I really get started. Sore point here.

In general, there is no offence or law breaking in having a bonfire.
Where you 'can' get them is for being a nuisance.

HOWEVER, be warned. Once you make a complaint against/about a neighbour,
then this pops up on the questions when you come to sell. :-((

A friendly word works wonders :-))

Been there, done that, got the peace and friendliness :-))

Mike

Friends you chose, neighbours your lumbered with.

GREAT TRUTHS ABOUT LIFE, THAT LITTLE CHILDREN HAVE LEARNED:
Don't sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.