Old 03-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Pruning in general

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 17:29:00 GMT, Mark & Shauna
wrote:
My tendency is to pick off
a lot of the leaves on the peppers thinking it will promote putting
energy into the fruit? I am going about it on a experimental basis at
this point, which I enjoy, but was wondering how others handle it.
The peppers a
California Wonder
Serrano's
Jalepeno's
Cayanne
Giant Italians
Pepperocini's (sp)

Tomatoes:
Roma's
Italian Paste

I don't prune either peppers or tomatoes - it's possible I'd
get more fruit if I did: since I don't do it, I have no
basis for comparison. But we seem to get plenty of each (if
they ever ripen this year, that is). Usually we get plenty
of each.

Home-grown seedlings always look healthier to me. I think
maybe you just weren't used to healthy, stocky, bushy young
plants.

Pat