Old 03-08-2003, 07:42 PM
dave weil

Default ball;ing on Aloha

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 19:29:37 -0700, Cass
wrote about Baby Love:

Great little rose in your garden. Does it want to climb or is is
shrubby? And does it really smell like licorice?

No. Not in the least. At least, not to my nose. It's a little sweet,
but not in a licorice sense.

And I'm in the food business and I am quite familiar with all of the
various licorice scents, from star anise to tarragon to fennel, as
well as things like Ouzo and Sambuca (the latter being used on our
saganaki appetizer, and the former spices and herbs being used in at
least several of our dishes at any given time).

Licorice doesn't come to mind at all...