Old 03-08-2003, 09:32 PM
Janet Sanderson

Default Wisteria

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 12:04:30 +0100, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

"aardvark" wrote in message
I'm pruning my wisteria - can anyone tell me, does it only flower on the

new
wood? I know about cutting back to two buds ...

many thanks, all thoughts appreciaited

It mostly flowers on the old wood, only occassional flowers on the new, the
reason you are pruning it now is to try and make it form flowering spurs
(like fruiting spurs on an apple tree) they look quite different and should
not be removed (for obvious reasons!)

Could someonoe spell this out for me please, I have just planted a
wisteria (last Autumn) and inclined to chop it back a bit - well the
long dangly things - just a bit ???

should I do it?
thanks
Janet