Old 03-08-2003, 11:06 PM
Charlie Pridham

Default Pump Ideas !!

"David Hill" wrote in message
try e bay for your pump
I would be careful about thinking of a ram pomp, I doubt if you own both
banks of the stream and you need to put a dam across the stream to use a

ram
pump also you need to have an abstraction licence to draw water.
If its not to far from your house why not use a submersible pond pump,

take
it out when not in use,

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Down here they seem not to require a licence; if either your house is old
and has historically used the water or if the pipework is domestic 15mm, if
larger they fit a meter and charge. I suspect it varies from area to area,
Davids advice not to spend a fortune seems reasonable, if you want the
exercise what about a diaphram pump often used as bilge pumps for small
boats, pumps on both strokes.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk