Old 04-08-2003, 12:02 AM
larry spellman

Default epson Salt?

We just started using Epsom salt this year, and are very impressed with the
results on tomatoes, peppers, and the lawn. Foliage is noticeably greener
and fuller, while producing the same amount of more of fruit.

We are using a hose-end sprayer (miracle-grow type), and filling it up with
Epsom salt (which dissolves easily). It is my understanding (and current
experience), that, unlike fertilizer, you can't hardly burn plants with too
much Epsom salt. Some soils are more deficient than others in magnesium or
sulfate; so I suppose it is possible to ultimately use too much in any given
soil.

Do an internet search on Epsom salt for more information. Here's one of the
better non-commercial links:

http://www.doityourself.com/garden/f...epsomsalts.htm

"Jerry Minasi" wrote in message
Gentle People,
How much Epson Salt should I feed My tomatoes?
How much in a gal. of water?
Thank You for your trouble.
Jerry, Long Island NY