Old 04-08-2003, 12:04 AM
LeighMo

Default Crypt's dying off?

We have a 12 gallon planted Eclipse tank. It's very established but I've
noticed lately that every so often the Crypt's start to melt by themselves
and then come back. The only other plants in the tank are anubia's and they
are doing very well. My question is: is the tank too small for all the
plants; are the anubias outdoing the crypt's?

Nah. It's just what crypts do. They are notoriously temperamental, "melting"
at any change in tank conditions. A change in water temps, a change in
fertilizing regimen, pruning too many leaves, transplanting -- basically, any
change can cause crypts to dissolve, sometimes literally overnight. They will
grow back. I wouldn't worry about it.

Leigh