Old 04-08-2003, 01:02 AM
Mark & Shauna

Default Pruning in general

Pat,
Thanks for the reply, that makes us feel good. We just came in from
harvesting and the peppers plants are looking fantastic but not a ton of
fruit, I am not sure it has been hot enough here (WV) this year for them
to really get crankin'. The tomatoes however are going off like
gangbusters. We just moved here and this is the first year for this
ground so they are a bit small but still very very healthy and producing
lots of fruit. Like I said, I was moreso concerned with the peppers but
it could just be the weather.

Thanks again...

Mark

Pat Meadows wrote:
On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 17:29:00 GMT, Mark & Shauna
wrote:

My tendency is to pick off
a lot of the leaves on the peppers thinking it will promote putting
energy into the fruit? I am going about it on a experimental basis at
this point, which I enjoy, but was wondering how others handle it.
The peppers a
California Wonder
Serrano's
Jalepeno's
Cayanne
Giant Italians
Pepperocini's (sp)

Tomatoes:
Roma's
Italian Paste

I don't prune either peppers or tomatoes - it's possible I'd
get more fruit if I did: since I don't do it, I have no
basis for comparison. But we seem to get plenty of each (if
they ever ripen this year, that is). Usually we get plenty
of each.

Home-grown seedlings always look healthier to me. I think
maybe you just weren't used to healthy, stocky, bushy young
plants.

Pat