Old 04-08-2003, 01:22 AM
Kathy

Default can you water to much ???

Thanks for the willingness to help. There are veggies growing in areas all
over the yard. The zucchini is like three plants in an area 3' x 18" and we
water about 2 gallons per day. in that area. The veggies are in a mote so
they catch all that 2 gallons of water. Sometimes we do that twice a day. We
have found that the plants if not watered daily look like there dyeing, the
leaves all shrivel up and limp and lifeless looking. The tomatoes don't get
as much water they just get what the sprinklers give them each morning or
10min. They did pretty good but not as well as one would think. We have
given them extra water as well like a gallon a day for one plant without a
mote around it.

Thanks Again for your help. Kathy

"Repeating Decimal" wrote in message
in article , Kathy at
wrote on 8/2/03 6:00 PM:

My veggies are not producing like they should. one zucchini per plant,

they
bloom, the leaves turn yellow and brown out and no veggies set on. My
tomatoes are getting all yellow leaves at the bottom. Lots of blooms and

no
tomatoes, When I don't water everything acts like its going to shrivel

up
and die. Help please.!!!

Thanks, Kathy

You certainly can overwater. Have you measured how much water you use? If
you water by hand, see how long it takes to fill a gallon jug. Then report
back to us how much water you use, and how big an area is covered. To help
more, convert you expended water into the equivalent number of inches of
rain. Also tell us how often you water at that level.

Bill