Old 04-08-2003, 01:32 AM
GamePlayer No. 1058

Default Climber dying

That basically describes my situation, I had a terrible mildew problem with
it early on this year, then beautiful red blooms were everywhere, now that
all the blooms have dried up it's losing most of it's leaves, except at the
tips it seems.

Im going to go to a nursery tomorrow and see what I can find to replace it.
Since Im in the process of trying to sell my home, a bare caned rosebush
right as you walk out my french doors is not a pretty site, I'd rather have
a small imature climber there in it's place or nothing at all.

I may get around to removing it this week or next weekend.

"Unique Too" wrote in message
"GamePlayer No. 1058" writes:

In any event it's losing it's leaves in a major way, and I can't see why
this is happening, all my other regular rose bushes are thriving and

doing
great, but this one is just dropping leaves. Is this normal for this

type
of rose bush, Im sorry I dont know the proper name, but it's a very

common
rose used as the root ball for other roses and is very mildew prone.

That is the way Dr. Huey acted for me in Central Florida. First it

mildewed,
then it bloomed. (Beautiful blooms, BTW) As soon as the last bloom faded

it
started loosing its leaves until there was nothing but long bare canes

with a
leaf or two at the very tip. I didn't let it live through its first

summer.
In my climate there are too many good roses to suffer with that one.

Julie