Old 04-08-2003, 02:32 AM
Dave Lockwood

Default Labels

Thanks Ray, I think. I was afraid of the fact that the $700-$1000 items
were about it. I did look. I thought someone here might have something of
which I was unaware. - Dave
"Ray" wrote in message
Dave,

I'm right out there in "the hunt" with you.

Best I can tell, unless you have a need for a $700 - $1000 tag printer,
you're stuck with the more tedious alternatives. I suppose you could go
with a dot-matrix printer with a permanent-ink ribbon, but that's still
quite an expense.

I buy First Rays labels for the tractor feed of a dot matrix printer, but
have broken them down into sheets about 11" long. They can be fed through
some laser or inkjet printers. If you go with the latter, overspray with
clear acrylic and they about as permanent as it gets.

. . . . . . . . . . .
"Dave Lockwood" wrote in message
I have a question that may be obvious... In as much as an unlabelled

orchid
is pretty but of little value to anyone I have tried to be very careful
about labeling my plants and making sure they don't become unreadable

over
time (#2 pencil seems the most effective). I would like to make my

labels
more attractive and more readable. Is there a system to print labels

like
nurserymen use? I've tried using a tape label machine but that is

tedious
even for a single upgrading of a compot. Is there a printing system
suitable for making 30-50 labels at a time? If not, I think there might

be
a market for such an item. Thanks - Dave